📕 baty is a Twt.social Pod; a Self-Hosted, Twitter™-like Decentralised micro-Blogging platform. No ads, no tracking, your content, your data!
Technically baty is a twtxt client in the form of a web application. You are viewing an instance of this software at baty. baty allows you to make small posts in a simple easy way without privacy concerns, advertising, tracking or the fear of censorship. Think of twtxt as somewhat like Twitter™ but unlike Twitter™ twtxt and baty are designed to be decentralised.
The /timeline view displays the latest posts of users on this instance. Since twtxt itself is a federated and decentralised micro-blogging format there is no “global” timeline, so you can only discover posts from users on the same instance as you are on (baty in this case) or by searching for other twtxt feeds such as those available at feeds.twtxt.net.
This software and this instance baty requires user registration as it both hosts your twtxt feed as well as allows you to fetch, browse, follow and read other user’s feeds or external feeds. The following is a list of features that are provided:
- Decentralised micro-Blogging, or short-form Posts
- Backed by the simple to read, parse and write twtxt format specification
- Fully supports Markdown rendering including 😺 pictures!
- Supports wee-are-twtxt feed sources format for discovering external feeds
- Supports [IndieWeb[(https://indieweb.org/) formats and [WebMention(https://www.w3.org/TR/webmention/)
For a list of upcoming features please follow the Project Page on Github.